Mailing lists - User Guide
How the mailing list service works
The mailing-list service is managed by a mailing-list software: Sympa. This software comes with a web mailing list environment.
To perform actions related to mailing lists (subscribe, change your options, etc.), you have two options:
- log on to the web environment;
- send commands by email to the Sympa mailing list manager at [email protected].
To send a command to Sympa, do as follows:
- If you send a single command, type it into the subject line of your email and leave its body blank.
- If you send several commands, leave the subject line of your email blank and type all the commands in the email body. Be careful: Sympa will not process your message unless you respect the following rules:
- Write every command on a new line.
- Send your message in plain text, not in HTML (no formatting).
- Your message can not contain anything else than Sympa commands (no signature block).
A description of all the commands you can send to Sympa is available at mail_commands.
- Subscribing to mailing lists
- Logging on to the mailing list environment
- Checking your subscriptions
- Review members
- Managing your preferences
- Searching for a mailing list
- Reading the list archive online
- Sending a message
- Using the shared document web space
- Manage your subscriptions
- Unsubscribing from lists